Hahaha, awww <3 Gosh, don’t u just love them tho. xD I can understand your feels very much, friend. Imma read it to-dAY. Promise. (> u <)
That really does sound good. I think I’ll definitely have to give it a try now. Thanks for the review. :) Even though I was little wary at first, it sounds very intriguing on how the dynamic could work - something that I could easily see to be very good with the Tom/Harry relationship. But at the same time not completely like Will and Hannibal’s. :D
99.999% of the problems with this show have nothing to do with the fact that Korra isn’t Aang.
The have to do with the fact that
- Female characters no longer have agency
- Female characters no longer interact with each other
- Female characters (namely Lin and Asami) are being downplayed to shill Mako
- Big issues (like the whole Equalist movement/Korra’s Spirituality) are dropped as soon as the villain starts twirling his mustache.
- Romance is the only inter-character interaction we have and the characters don’t develop on their own
- Korra is a secondary character in her own show and has had her agency stolen by her uncle and father
- Korra has not developed in nine hours of screen time
- Characters are being written out of character for no reason/to advance the plot
- Villains are hamfisted and lack human nuance
- Romance is clumsy and poorly written
- The writers have “violent” and “headstrong” mixed up
- Needless love triangles
- The plot has no urgency and is all over the place
- Abusive relationships are being played for laughs
- Eska has no character outside her incredibly abusive relationship with Bolin
- Desna has no character at all
- The only character that acts in character and in accordance with any reasonable motivation is Varrick. Fucking Varrick
Stop trucking out the “It’s not A:TLA!” argument because nobody wants it to be. There are a hundred things wrong with the show that have nothing to do with the fact that there are different characters on screen.
harry potter character tropes → Harry James Potter
I know~ x( I think it’s usually due to the fact that I find it a little depressing since Harry would have to push away his friends and his Hogwarts family if he went down that dark and winding path of the Grey/Dark!Harry.
For example, I recently read a fic called ‘Painted Veil' which was a funny, lovely, entertaining, and bittersweet one-shot (I would recommend it to others actually, although it was not my cup of tea.) but then it got to the end and I was just like…
Harry, how could you let that happen?? And that’s how I got my first taste of a Darkish!Harry. So, therefore, I have been a little cautious ever since haha. (Idk, I’m a sucker for the sappy, happy, goody-two-shoes Harry & Co. I can be a bit naive like that.)
But! If you really recommend it, I will try and give ‘Their Verdict of Vagaries' a read. See where it takes me…
And I was just doing some fic hunting today when I came across ‘Twist of Fate’! It’s in my bookmarks folder right now and I can’t wait to read it - it seems promising~ :D <33 And thanks so much for the recs, btw! I had started ‘To Kill You With a Kiss' by Paimpont, actually. I'm not sure what happened to that… I think I may have gotten distracted looking for more tomarry stuff probably. xP
I’m really sorry to hear that! I can assure you, I didn’t mean to push or judge any opinions. If I may, can I ask what in particular offended you? I have no problems whatsoever with AU - they’re fantastic, actually.
But again, I apologize if I may have snubbed or spouted something that put down what other people may like. The post was only meant to convey what I personally liked to see in a Tomarry ship. (Of course, my word is not law and I’m sorry if it came out that way! :S) And I’m also a huge fan of Rightonthelimit’s stuff. <3 I’ve just about scoured and read most of her work. :) So thank you for the recommendation. xx
Woohoo, hook this bitch up! xD And it’s funny you should mention Rightonthelimit’s work because I have almost read every single one of her fics! Haha, they’re quite brilliant. My favourite so far has been 'All Of Your Heart' and it is deliciously long. MMmmhmhm. x) I read almost all of it in a matter of two days. You can imagine how devastated I was to come to the end of it and realize it was still a WIP! Needless to say, I had no idea what to do with myself after that, lol.
I’ve been told there is not a lot of exclusively romantic Tom/Harry stuff from The Fictionist, though. But I was going to still try and give her fic Fate’s Favourite another go. :) However, I don’t think I’ll give that 'A Snake Named Voldemort' a read, only because it goes against almost everything on the list I made. (> x <);; But I’ll definitely be inbox-ing you soon with what I’ve read and liked so far!
I wish I was as good a mole at trying to find stuff for a particular ship, but this is my first OTP (well, second if you count Mordred/Merlin - but I’m not too devastated about not finding any stuff for them) that isn’t a popular ship and I am a bit lost at sea! There was always an abundance of stuff for ships like Johnlock or Spirk so I never really had to try and search that hard or deep, haha.
But here: have an awkward Voldy hug in the meantime while I scour my small archive of fics I’ve read -